Head of Product
Base Location: Home working and/or Cambridge
CCS (Cambridge Communication Systems) is the creator of Metnet – the world’s first self-organising mmWave mesh for gigabit backhaul and access applications. From dense urban cities to rural communities, Metnet can be utilised as a backhaul solution supporting the deployment of Mobile Operator’s small cells, Wi-Fi, Smart City and CCTV networks or for access delivering Gigabit connectivity to Enterprises, Multi and Single dwelling Residential premises. This is a great opportunity to help grow the business in a start-up environment. The office is located close to the guided busway/cycleway in Histon, 1 mile North of Cambridge.
The Head of Product will be responsible for product management and global pre-sales activities. They will act as the primary interface between sales and development, capable of taking product requirements and turning them into features and new products. The Head of Product will work closely with the Global Head of Sales acting as the technical point of contact to partners and provide support for new customer engagements and existing account management activities.
- This is a role that involves both technical and commercial experience including:
- Liaise with customers and partners to identify new features and solutions and turn these into requirements and roadmap activities.
- Manage the pre-sales process and provide technical support to partners and sales. Respond to RFx’s and enquiries as required.
- Establishing excellent personal relationships with key stakeholders (both internal & external)
- Track industry trends in wireless and fixed networks and help implement the strategy of the business.
- Identification & reporting of emerging technical, economic, and competitive threats and opportunities. Manage competitor analysis
- Assist with documentation and marketing collateral including whitepapers, webinars, datasheets, and presentations.
- Work with customer support to manage demos, proof of concepts, and customer lab activities.
Skills & Experience required:
- Minimum 10 years experience in pre-sales or product management related roles.
- Undergraduate Degree Qualification (preference for electronics or telecommunications)
- Knowledge of end to end wireless or fixed networking technologies including Microwave and mmWave systems such as PtP, PtMP, and Mesh.
- Good understanding of IP Networking, Ethernet services, database technologies, wireless networks, cloud services and API’s
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrable knowledge of commercial and business processes in the Telecom sector
- Willing to travel internationally with cultural awareness, and the ability to build regional market knowledge and intelligence
- Able to work indefinitely in the UK
- Some UK and international travel may be required.