Technical Support Engineer
Base Location: Cambridge, U.K.
You will be responsible for providing 2nd and 3rd line technical support on the Metnet 60GHz products to our global partners and customers. Technical Support Engineer responsibilities include resolving network issues, configuring radio and IT systems, and using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support.
- Taking ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve system issues
- Following standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- To support field deployments and on-going operation of CCS’s microwave communications equipment.
- To plan and execute trials of mmWave communications equipment at customer premises and other locations, including analysis and resolution of networking problems. This will include indoor and outdoor locations, both in the UK and abroad.
- To conduct lab and field test and verification of CCS equipment integrated with standard telecoms networking equipment.
- Provide training and support demonstrations of equipment to customers
Skills & Experience required:
- Expertise with networking protocols, sufficient to diagnose and resolve networking problems in deployment
- Familiarity with installing, configuring and operating networking equipment – especially configuration of IP routers and VLAN configuration
- Organised and able to plan the work of self and others
- Confident approach to travel and working with customers and third parties
- Physical fitness, as the role might entail handling equipment out in the field
- Familiarity with Linux and IP networking configuration
- Familiarity with Virtual Machines and Docker.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Proactive approach to troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Previous experience with deploying RF and microwave communications equipment.
- Flexibility to travel to customer sites in the UK and globally if required
- Familiarity with trouble ticket systems and SW/HW development systems such as Jira and Confluence.
- Able to work indefinitely in the UK
- Full clean driving licence, willingness to perform occasional UK and global travel