Base Location: Cambridge, U.K.
You be responsible for investigating engineering faults reported by the Automatic Test Equipment (ATE), Engineers and sub-contractors in the pcbs used in our microwave communication product, documenting faults found and subsequent resolution. In addition your will provide support to Engineering Technician with build/debug/repair/modifying pcbs and assemblies.
You will able to work from basic instruction and be able to document the changes you make using Microsoft Office software and Engineering (Computer Aided Design) CAD packages.
You will be responsible for testing systems and subsystems and providing clear reports. This is likely to include:
- Investigate ATE test failures (new product and RMAs) and hardware related faults, modifying and re-work existing pcbs and assemblies with fine pitch SMT components and intricate mechanical parts.
- Fault investigation based on information provided by other Engineers or offshore sub-contract manufacturers.
- Provide support with ATE development, assisting with testing and diagnosing faults by passing units through test.
- Build and modify early prototypes, re-work existing product and investigate and re-assemble RMAs.
- Document your work using a PC and Microsoft Office software, Engineering CAD packages, maintaining a log book of changes.
Skills & Experience required:
Enthusiasm, flexibility and the desire to work and learn in a small dynamic team are important, together with:
- Knowledge of electronic components, circuit design and fault finding.
- Understanding of computers, software tools and development.
- Ability to use ATE and to diagnose faults based on fault information provided.
- Ability to re-work fine SMT parts and assemble electrical assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Familiarity with using soldering irons, hand and power tools.
And it would be useful if you knew something about:
- Radio system operation
- Ethernet and IP configuration
- Knowledge of Linux or similar OS
- Able to work indefinitely in the UK
- Full clean driving licence, willingness to perform occasional UK and global travel.