Software Engineer – Network Management Frontend
Base Location: Cambridge, U.K.
You will have a broad software development remit. This is likely to include:
- Digest high-level customer requirements and architectural guidance from the team to produce front end GUI and server functionality
- Become an expert in our network management system
- Identifying opportunities to make technology-driven operational and process improvements
- Developing of new products and products’ features
- Documenting and testing the code you produce
- Debugging and fixing issues found from live field deployments
- Assist in the day-to-day team work in an agile development environment.
Skills & Experience required:
Enthusiasm, flexibility and the desire to work in a small dynamic team are more important than specific technical skills, but you will probably have significant experience of:
- Google Go development
- Linux based development environments
- Python and other scripting languages
And it would be useful if you knew something about:
- Network management
- Revision control systems (git)
- Knowledge of Linux including network setup and configuration
- Experience of unit testing and continuous integration
- Able to work indefinitely in the UK.