System Test Engineer
Base Location: Cambridge, U.K.
You will be part of a small system test team that works on various cutting edge technologies in self organising network backhaul. In this role you will test complex areas of a distributed network system helping to develop test strategies, test plans and execute functional and integration test of our microwave backhaul equipment.
- Contribute to the creation of comprehensive functional, regression, performance and load/stress test plans and adhere to the CCS test procedures
- Work with other functional teams such as development and customer support to ensure product and customer success
- Liaise with Sales and Product Management if requirements are unclear.
- Investigate and document defects in a defect-tracking system and verify resolution to ensure prompt closure of all important defects.
- Work closely with the development team on a daily basis to ensure timely resolution of problems and defects.
- Execute Integration and System Test plans within agreed timescales and standards.
- Follow standard verification processes and procedures
- Assist in the day-to-day team work in an agile development environment.
Skills & Experience required:
Enthusiasm, flexibility and the desire to work in a small dynamic team are more important than specific technical skills, but you will probably have experience of:
- Strong testing background expected with experience writing test plans and test procedures.
- Excellent Layer 2 and Layer 3 knowledge/ hands-on experience. Good understanding of various networking protocols and standards.
- Experience with Linux/Unix networking and general Linux/Unix configuration
- Strong passion and experience in troubleshooting, debugging complex systems and possess excellent problem-solving techniques
- Be open to continuous learning and committed to on-going self-improvement.
And it would be useful if you knew something about:
- Experience in the use of Defect Tracking tools like Atlassian JIRA.
- Experience in test tools and utilities such as Ixia, Spirent and Wireshark/Ethereal.
- Previous experience with Microwave radio
- Previous experience with network synchronisation protocols like NTP or PTP
- Experience in Scripting Languages: TCL, Expect, Python
- Able to work indefinitely in the UK.