Senior Software Engineer
Base Location: Histon, Cambridgeshire, U.K.
We are building a self-healing microwave Mesh network operating at 60 GHz connecting high-speed data to/from homes and 4G/5G small cells into a fibre-optic core network. This is a great opportunity to get in at the start of the development in a start-up environment. We are located close to the guided busway/cycleway in Histon, 1 mile North of Cambridge.
The Senior Software Engineer will be part of a small software team which is defining the intelligence which is resident in each of our embedded nodes running Linux. This role is focussed on modelling distributed systems and designing the management and control plane algorithms in C/C++.
You will have a broad software development remit. This is likely to include:
- Systems modelling and simulation of distributed communications systems while performing analysis of scaled network protocols to assess service and reliability. You’ll provide technical reporting off key findings and recommendations for delivery to customers and industry partners.
- Subject Matter Expert for Network algorithm in the management and control plane
- Identifying opportunities to make technology-driven operational and process improvements
- Developing of new products and products’ features
- Documenting and testing the code you produce
- Debugging and fixing issues found from live field deployments.
Skills & Experience required:
Enthusiasm, flexibility and the desire to work in a small dynamic team are more important than specific technical skills, but you will probably have significant experience of:
- Embedded C development
- Linux based development environments
- Virtualisation frameworks
- Layer 2 Networking including Ethernet switching, VLAN configuration, QinQ, etc.
- IPv4 networking concepts and administration including routing, NAT, firewall, etc.
- Python and other scripting languages
And it would be useful if you knew something about:
- Graph theory and algorithms
- Revision control systems (git)
- Wifi (802.11ac or 802.11ad)
- Knowledge of Linux including network setup and kernel configuration
- Experience of unit testing and continuous integration
- Able to work indefinitely in the UK