Senior Hardware Engineer
Base Location: Cambridge, U.K.
We are a 30-person start-up, with strong financial backing, delivering next generation microwave radio communication systems.
We are seeking an experienced hardware design engineer to work as part of a small development team. You will be responsible for designing and developing high speed baseband electronics for radio systems from early concept to volume manufacture.
You will be responsible for:
- Hardware development from early concepts, through prototype, functional test and regulatory compliance to high volume manufacture.
- Design of high speed digital boards comprising microprocessors, FPGAs, memory, transceivers, DACs and ADCs using CAD schematic capture and layout tools.
- Schematic design entry, PCB layout and library maintenance using schematic entry and layout tools.
- Providing design related support and assistance for software, regulatory compliance, manufacturing and customer support.
- Support of existing designs, updating designs for new features, parts obsolescence etc.
Skills & Experience required:
Enthusiasm, pragmatism and the desire to work in a small dynamic team are important, also:
- Experience in design and development of high speed digital and products.
- Bringing up processor boards with Linux kernels.
- Test code development using Python and C.
- IP Network communications.
- PSU (DC to DC) and high speed analogue design.
- Design for manufacture and EMC compliance.
- Working to tight deadlines.
And it would be useful if you knew something about:
- FPGA development tools using VHDL or Verilog.
- JTAG test development.
- ATE development.
- Design verification and approvals.
- RF Design knowledge and experience.
- Able to work indefinitely in the UK