RF Test Development Engineer
Base Location: Cambridge, U.K.
We are seeking an RF Test Development Engineer, to work as part of our development team. You will responsible for developing and testing our microwave communication product from early prototypes, through product approvals to volume manufacture.
You will be responsible for testing component and product performance and providing clear reports and suggestions for improvement. Particular duties include:
- Assisting with fault finding and functional test of early prototype boards.
- Investigating product functional performance (radio, GPS, throughput etc) as well as thermal and regulatory (EMC and Radio) performance.
- Providing on-site support for environmental and regulatory test at external test facilities.
- Supporting offshore production test with New Product Introduction (NPI) and assisting with test failure analysis.
- Unit test of pcbs and assemblies using production ATE, diagnosing faults to component level and providing suggestions for improved test coverage and fault identification.
- Documenting work using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel etc), maintaining a log book of changes.
Skills & Experience required:
Enthusiasm, flexibility and the desire to work in a small dynamic team are important, together with:
- RF circuit and system test knowledge, ideally at microwave frequencies.
- Fault finding to component level for power supply, high speed digital and RF boards.
- Experience with European and US product approvals and environmental test, working with external test houses.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and reporting skills.
- Familiarity making modifications to SMT pcbs and creating/specifying test fixtures and wiring looms.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
And it would be useful if you knew something about:
- Knowledge of WiFi, GPS, HALT, HASS and FMEA
- Electronics design (circuit and layout)
- Software design (Linux, C, C++ and Python)
- Able to work indefinitely in the UK.
- Full driving licence.
- Willingness to perform UK and global travel.