ATE Development Engineer
Base Location: Cambridge, U.K.
We are seeking an ATE RF Development Engineer, to work as part of our development team. You will responsible for developing and maintaing ATE software and hardware used for testing our microwave communication product from early prototypes, through NPI to volume manufacture.
You will be responsible for ATE development and maintenance ensuring that ATE is available for product testing at our UK Development centre and our far Eastern manufacturing facility. Particular duties include:-
- Supporting and developing ATE software in Python for our 26GHz/28GHz and 60GHz products, variants and sub-assemblies.
- Ensuring UK and Offshore ATEs are functional with latest ATE software.
- Working with hardware and software engineers to test new prototypes and NPI.
- Supporting offshore production test and assisting with test failure analysis.
- Providing reports analysis on ATE failures, providing suggestions for improved test coverage and fault identification.
- Documenting work using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel etc), maintaining a log book of changes.
Skills & Experience required:
Enthusiasm, flexibility and the desire to work in a small dynamic team are important, together with:
- ATE Software Development using Python, Numpy, Scipy, Matplotlib.
- Linux (preferably Debian based) and Uboot.
- Development and remote control of test instrumentation - power supplies, rf power meters, spectrum analysers, GPS simulators, network analysers, sources via RS232, RS485, ethernet / VXI11, USB.
- Source code control, preferably git.
- Working with databases such MySQL.
- TCP / IP and networking.
- MVC web application frameworks.
- High volume manufacturing and working with external OEMs.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and reporting skills.
- Experience working to tight deadlines.
And it would be useful if you knew something about:
- RF principles and practical RF test
- Electronic circuit design, Schematic capture and PCB layout
- Circuit board fault finding to component level.
- JTAG / boundary scan
- Able to work indefinitely in the UK.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Willingness to perform UK and global travel.